CAT AWARDS OFFICIAL RULES
Applications must be postmarked and received by the dates stipulated on each Creative Arts Therapy “Call for Applications” information published on this site and in the appropriate media. For questions about deadlines, Official Rules or any other additional information about The CAT Awards, please email HARC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The CAT Awards graduate study grants are open to creative artists who have received a Bachelors Degree in Art Therapy, Music Therapy or Dance/Movement Therapy OR a Bachelors Degree with a major or minor in art, music or dance and a major or minor in psychology.
2 . All applicants must submit a representation of their creative talent in their art discipline, art, music or dance, in the format detailed under Entry Specifications. This work must be unpublished or not previously performed or exhibited for profit in or by any public, private or government forum or entity.
3. The work submitted must be original and the sole creative effort of the individual submitting it.
4. Award recipients must make the commitment to provide Creative Arts Therapy to abused, neglected and traumatized children upon completion of Masters Degree or Post-Graduate Degree, Advanced Certification and State Licensure.
5. Applicants must provide a document with the CAT Award Application that proves acceptance into an accredited Graduate Program in Clinical Art Therapy, Music Therapy or Dance/Movement Therapy to the Graduate School.
6. A signed statement of financial need must be provided with the application.
7. A One-Page Essay stating reason for pursuing a career as a Creative Arts Therapist and an Official CAT AWARD Application Form must accompany all application/entry materials.
8. The grant is only open to American citizens or legal residents.
9. The HARC Foundation’s CAT cash awards are not transferable.
10. Creative works that promote the degradation of the human condition will cause application to be ineligible for Award consideration.
11. The HARC Foundation is not responsible for any applications/entries received in damaged condition or not received by the deadline stipulated for current year grants.
12. The HARC Foundation cannot acknowledge receipt of entries, nor return submitted entry materials. Lists of award recipients are available for The CAT Awards and notification dates and information are supplied with details for each CAT Award “Call for Applications”. Such notification will be provided upon request to individuals who provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope mailed to: The HARC Foundation, P.O. Box 11596, Marina del Rey, CA 90295.
13. The decisions of the judging committee are final and binding. Applicants, as a condition of entry, agree not to contest or challenge the results.
14. Award recipients are solely responsible for any Federal, State or local taxes.
15. Award recipients must sign an affidavit and provide documentation stating their compliance with rules 1-7 above and return it within 21 days of receipt of Award notification or forfeit their Award.
16. Entry and acceptance of any award constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use recipient’s name, likeness, hometown for publicity purposes related to The CAT Awards Program and events without further remuneration.
17. Entrants retain all rights to their creative submissions.
18. Employees and immediate family members of The HARC Foundation Board of Directors, Advisory Board or Advisory Council may not apply for Awards.
19. Applications/Entries that are not selected in one year may be submitted for future CAT Award consideration providing they fulfill the current year requirements and specifications.